StoreGrid 4.4 is our most ambitious release since StoreGrid’s inception. And based on the response we received for our forum updates, we know you have been eagerly waiting for it! It offers tons of new and greatly improved features including advanced BMR, VMware backup and so on. The much sought after LabTech integration has enabled deployment of StoreGrid to number of machines by a single click. And that’s not it; NOC services make their first appearance as well in StoreGrid 4.4.
Hybrid cloud backup and disaster recovery industry in today’s world has a minimal entry barrier which makes it easier for MSPs to lose out to competition more often than not. The only way to prevent this is to differentiate yourself in the market appropriately because backup and disaster recovery is a kind of offering in which the traditional ‘one size fits all’ strategy is useless. Hence it’s been our continuous endeavor to step into our customers’ shoes and analyze the problems they are facing.
- As virtualization gets mainstream and continues to spread across the data center to reach into primary workloads and applications, data protection of virtual environments has become one of the highest priorities. How do you tackle this issue?
- Since customer data exists along with tons of other data on the same server, customers who share the server might have access to other users’ data as well. Doesn’t this cast a huge doubt on the concept of multi-tenancy?
- As a managed service provider, do you meet your customers’ RTO and RPO? When your customer calls you during a disaster, if you give them any answer that’s more than 4 hours, you might as well take an entire day.
And in the process, Vembu’s StoreGrid team worked out some key insights and came up with some unique offerings:
- IT admins who provide backup services to businesses can now deploy StoreGrid to unlimited number of machines by a single click and manage each agent from the LabTech control center.
- With the advanced disk image backups, recover the entire system from a workstation crash with minimal downtime and no manual re-installation.
- No longer do data centers have to worry about heaps of servers that make the environment so complex to manage. StoreGrid’s NOC services provides a 24×7 monitoring and remediation service of servers thus reducing the need for admin and monitoring resources by 50%.
- Multi-tenancy not only provides a scalable solution for MSPs who wants to sign up thousands of clients but also provides a robust system in place where the clients can use StoreGrid Cloud concurrently to perform backup and restore without the risk of data access to other clients since it adheres to all legal certifications such as HIPAA, SAS-70 TYPE 2, SOX etc.
- We have added many features in our VMware implementation such as directly restoring a virtual machine to an ESX server, FLR (file level restore) and a boost in the performance of backups as well as the incrementals. What took nearly 2 ½ hours for an incremental will be done in just 4 MINUTES flat! which obviously also helps in huge savings of resources and bandwidth.
- By using StoreGrid 4.4, as an MSP, you can ensure that you can stay updated by providing support to windows 8 and server 2012 platforms as well.
Check out our previous posts for a detailed brief about the mentioned features.
Learn more about StoreGrid 4.4 here.
The current release is an evaluation build. The build for our partners will be rolled out before end of this week and partners can access the same from the partner zone to upgrade their builds.
We thank our partners and resellers for their unbiased critique and invaluable feedback which helped us error proof our service. We hope your business is further strengthened by StoreGrid 4.4. We look forward to receiving feedback from you.