BYOD and Cloud computing may be the most publicly sticky buzzwords but there is another dominating and revolutionary trend that is actually past its hype cycle and in the forefront of creating an efficient IT infrastructure. It is one known to potentially optimize on computing resources, consolidate lower capital expenses, scale workloads, ease operational management and even save on power consumption among other benefits. No doubt, this multifaceted paradigm of Virtualization is redefining the IT infrastructure landscape.
However, Virtualization for IT is a broad term and applies to storage, network, server, desktop and mobile among the conceivable areas. For our purpose, we will narrow the focus on server virtualization.
How prevalent is it ?
A recent survey by Cisco FlexPod Express Study of SMB IT professionals revealed that 77 percent of their SMB companies have adopted server virtualization and nearly all of them have secured a competitive advantage as a result.
Further, the extent of adoption is reinforced from a different perspective by the Gartner Magic Quadrant report according to which, as of mid-2013, almost two-thirds of x86 architecture workloads have been virtualized on servers.
How to ensure data protection for a virtualized or hybrid environment ?
The era of sweeping virtualization has given cause to new considerations and challenges for the aspect of data protection for businesses. We @ Vembu ensure End to End Data Protection & Business Continuity that comprehensively covers both physical and virtual environments.
Explore Vembu’s solution for Virtualized server protection.
Try our Vembu VM Backup – a complete virtualization data protection solution for businesses and you can :
- Protect thousands of virtual servers with our agentless solution that reduces both deployment complexities and server resource consumption
- Simplify backup of VMware, Hyper-V and Xen environments with our multi-hypervisor support.
- Image based backups are taken in native format which enable instant restores thereby reducing RTO and RPO
- Rapidly and efficiently enable WAN optimised replication
- Leverage performance boosting Change Block Tracking (CBT) for incremental backup of VMs.
- Provide 100% application aware disaster recovery
- Perform flexible granular restores at the VM, volume, and file or application object level.
Interested in a free trial on Vembu VM Backup?
By the way check out our Pricing , it will blow your mind away!
By Sai V. Nagarajan, VP of Marketing at Vembu Technologies.